Holistic medicine deals with the mind, body and spirit in the art and science of healing that addresses the whole person. To prevent and treat diseases, holistic medicine uses conventional and alternative therapies mostly to promote optimal health. This condition of holistic health is defined by the treatment of a person dealing with the mind, body and spirit. The diagnosis and treatment using holistic medicine is safe. There are many types of holistic medicine courses which a great demand at the best holistic medical schools and educational institutions have been. Holistic medicine focuses upon patient education and participation in the healing process. Funding agencies has been supporting Holistic medicine with its funds through NIH, FDA and other funding organizations.
Principles of Holistic Medical Practice:
- Holistic physicians embrace a variety of safe, effective options in the diagnosis and treatment, including: a. education for lifestyle changes and self-care b. complementary alternatives; and c. conventional drugs and surgery
- Searching for the underlying causes of disease is preferable to treating symptoms alone.
- Prevention is preferable to treatment and is usually more cost-effective. The most cost-effective approach evokes the patient’s own innate healing capabilities.
- Illness is viewed as a manifestation of a dysfunction of the whole person, not as an isolated event.
- Track 1-1 Psychotherapy
- Track 2-2 Holistic Health
- Track 3-3 Emotional Freedom Technique
- Track 4-4 Holistic Nutrition
- Track 5-5 Occupational therapy